Thread: No MEDS
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 12:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I couldnt agree more seapines and ocgirl!! I made my doc take me off oxycontin. It made me hateful and miserable and I tooj it for 4 years. I am now on slow release morphine which seems to agree with my whole system much better. I have severe bowel troubles and tylenol constipates me, do you thnk I could get a doctor to beleve that?? NOOOO they all said tylenol wont do that. Well my last bowel surgery I made them put t to the test and surprise!! they actually saw that tylenol constipates me!! I too am tired of doctors not listening! My primary care doctor is great, she has been treating me for 20 years. I dont allow any other doctor to screw with my meds. If they want me on something different they can write to my doctor about it, because she knows me and my body! I will almost die before i will go to an ER anymore. You hear the whispering on the other side of the curtain( psst did you see what she is on for medication?? do you think she is here just drug seeking??? grrrrrrrrrr..... I can tell you know exactly what I mean. I can hand over my entire bag of pills to show them i have lots and I am not and do not seek drugs!! Have er doctors never heard of chronic pain?? If i am desperate eneough to go to the er mr.doctor, then I have something very wrong with me!! I went to the er after my surgery because I could not sleep, eat or breathe. I got looked at like a drug addict and sent home. The next day I was rushed to our nmajor hosptal 100 miles away because I had 2 1/2 litres of fluid in my chest! I just cannot believe how insensitive some of these doctors can be! The one who sent me home got a personal call from my family doc and she ripped right into him!! I think several more er docs need the same treatment. To me when they treat me like that , they are showing a major disrespect to my own doctor. She wouldnt have me on what I am on if she didint feel I needed it. So when they look down their noses at you they are also dissing your doctor for prescribing. My doctor has an outstanding reputation, that alone should make them think. Anyway , sorry, rant over. Im heading off to bed. My prayers for you all to have a low pain day!! ((hugs)) cindy
cindyj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote