View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I don't focus on the MRI results too much.

My Neuro likes to tell me that it's like real estate.......location, location, location.

You can have an MRI that lights up with hundreds of lesions but still be asymptomatic. Or......you could have an MRI with just one lesion but that lesion could be in a location that causes all kinds of symptoms.

So, I don't put too much confidence in my MRI. I go by how I feel.

I was diagnosed in 2005 but I believe I've had MS for many years before that. Just never knew what it was and never had symptoms severe enough to check them out.

My vision went haywire in 2005 and that is what sent me to the doctor and eventually got me the MS diagnosis.

Since then I have gotten many more symptoms and I know my MS is progressing. My balance is shot and my left leg is pretty useless. I use a rolling walker to help me walk.

I'm trying Tecfidera right now but my insurance is throwing a fit because of the cost so I'm not sure I'll be able to continue it. Wish they had just denied it the first time. Now I have to potentially stop a medication that I was tolerating very well.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mariel (04-18-2014), SallyC (04-13-2014)