View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh my goodness. To go by "how you feel" as "Kitty" in this thread mentioned is a HUGE and foolish mistake!!!

I was asymptomatic for several years. I felt awesome... as if I did NOT even have MS. Since I felt completely 100% NORMAL, I didn't bother getting MRIs. Even my neuro never told me I should get yearly MRIs since I was symptomatic. All he cared about was me staying on avonex (which as it turns out, didn't work at all because I progressed like CRAZY while taking it). Skipping MRIs was a HUGE mistake. Because of that stupid neuro who SHOULD have known better, I didn't bother getting an MRI for 6 years... because as mentioned, I felt like a normal person without MS with NO symptoms!

Then I finally got some common sense and went to have an MRI. I was SHOCKED at how many, I mean TONS of active new lesions I had (even had them in my brain stem). My neuro was shocked at how much my MS has progressed. My MS had progressed SEVERELY in only 6 yrs time and I didn't even know it.

I will NEVER be foolish enough to judge my MS in any shape or form by "how I feel". MS can progress tremendously without you even knowing it. Thus why MRIs are so important!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I'm angry not only at this irresponsible neuro, but also at myself for not placing more importance on MRIs because with MRIs you can clearly see how much progression is occurring. Going by "how you feel" ain't gonna work! I can only hope LDN will help keep my MRIs stable.

They treat MRIs scans these days, in the past they would treat the patient and not the scan. The head neuro from Johns Hopkins said "he does this because he doesn't like to see a brain get destroyed".

Last edited by LillyMS; 04-13-2014 at 02:48 PM.
LillyMS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-13-2014)