View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I tend to think its all a crapshoot whether or not one will progress and if the DMDs are really working. No one can really give you a definite answer either. And, lesion load doesn't equate to disability either. It's such an individual thing and each of us is different with the same label - MS.

I have not been on a DMD for a few years now. I don't notice a difference other than i am not have severe allergic reactions from taking C. My rate of flares hasn't changed either. I'm still averaging 2 a year. Of those flares, I still have the same amount of lesions. It's the same lesions causing me trouble over and over.
Tricia, I totally agree with you. It's a crapshoot. And lesion load surely does not equate to disability.

I'm sure any imaging center will be happy to let patients have as many MRI's as they are willing to pay for. Unfortunately, MRI's simply cannot tell you how disabled you will become based on lesion load.

LillyMS, I'm sorry you feel that I'm irresponsible and foolish not to put more weight in my MRIs but I've had MS for years and so far the MRI has not matched the level of disability I have (or had).
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (04-13-2014), jnewk (04-26-2014), Jules A (04-15-2014), SallyC (04-13-2014)