View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Beyond frustrated, what is happening

Hello,

I just don't know what is happening and I am frustrated, upset and actually a little scared.

Quick story, had a severe concussion over a year ago, lot's of cognitive problems and even now having problems, thinking is still slow at times, short term memory gone...but late last year I had what the ER doctor thought was 2 seizures, one right in the ER waiting room when I suddenly could not think properly, write my name...my hand went weak...then my left arm started shaking and I started shouting the same thing over and over, felt like a robot, knew it was me but couldn't stop, electric feeling in my arms, felt like a dream but could hear muffled voice, only last about 2 mins.

My Dr was awful, would say referrals are being sent to a neurologist but to this day I still do not have an appt, referrals not being sent, wrongly written, on and on...

I have never experienced what happened late last year, but still losing time, electric feelings in arms sometimes and I feel just "weird" in my head, it passes after a minute or so.

I can be walking in to a store and feel like I'm disorientated and like I'm in some kind of dream, it's scary as I just feel so out of it, something's wrong.

I notice the lights in Walmart bother me, looked up at them the other day and my head felt weird and again I felt disorientated.

I am worried, frustrated and don't know how on earth to get to a neurologist, I have changed Dr's but...the referral she sent through has yet again been sent to the wrong place, they are telling me they cannot accept me as a patient because the Dr is not writing my symptoms down clearly enough.

Honestly I don't think I can explain it any more simply to the Dr but she just looks at me and I feel like I'm trying to tell her what to do....it's a circle.

Does this sound like some kind of seizure going on even though the 2 I had last year (1 at home, 1 in ER) have never happened that badly since then?

Sorry to go on so long but I am frustrated and dread calling the Dr tomorrow.

Thank you for any advice/help. PS I am now on Medicaid, lost job and now don't work.
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote