View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sitke,

Welcome to the forum! I understand exactly how you feel these weird feeling that you get when you feel like you are in a dream are called jamius vu which is all part of having epilepsy. It's when theres so much electrical activity going on in the brain that it is triggering a simple partial sz. where one area of a persons brain is firing up neurons and this in turn can give a person this daydream feeling, say one or two words over and over again and get the tingling in the body. The next time this happens tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists if you do this fast enough it will stop the weird feeling or get a cold washcloth and put it on your face and the back of your neck by doing this it calms the neurons down in the brain and stops the possible sz. If I may ask do you ever feel tired, confused or have a headache before or after this happens? If you do you could be having seizures (sz.) A few yrs. ago I was in a accident and ended up with a concussion this in turn triggered more sz. for me because the brain was swollen and bruised it took about 1 yr. to get over along with a lot of help from pain management therapy also. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg once a day and also each time you have any signs of a possible sz. write down what time it happened along with a description on a calendar that way when you see a neurologist they may see a pattern in your sz.
My best advice to you is for you to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center which are at large hospitals or university hospitals. Tell your primary Dr. to refer you to see a Epileptologist with the correct medical info. or you will report them to the Medical Conduct Board in your state and take my word the Dr. will get moving.
In regards to the bright lights at walmart this tells me you are photosensitive which means certain color lights and the brightness of some lights can trigger sz. for some people. I had a e.e.g. done where the Dr. flashed different color strobe lights one at a time and they found that florescent green, amber and bright white like when the sun shines on the snow were the 3 main colors that triggered sz. for me. Since that time I've had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz. What you can do is cut back on the carbs and starch foods, stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it because that causes more electrical activity in the brain which can lead to sz. and cut back on caffeine.
It could very well be the concussion that has started the sz. I want you to take note of the weather also and if you notice a low pressure in the weather coming your way take note if you have any sz. sometimes a low pressure with bother some people because the air gets heavier and in turn the heavier the air then it will mess around with a person hormones and hormones changing can often start sz. up. Sorry for carrying on so long. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote