View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tom,

It is hard, I know when I do too much, get stressed etc I feel a set back coming on.

I understand what you are saying as I really had to tell myself healing can be a long process and I'd fight it, got SO upset thinking about it and wanted to be 100% right now.

My concussion was over a year ago, had terrible problems and my brain does not feel the same (PT and OT told me it will never be 100% again, which sent me into a depression!) but...I try so hard to think positive and take good care of myself.

When I feel a relapse coming on I know I have to take it easy, I used to run/mountain climb, was very active, just the thought that I cannot do any of that right now gets me down (have some physical injuries from car accident too) but I just do what I can, take it day by day.

I actually told my husband the other day....I was feeling sorry for myself..."I'm brain damaged and will never ever be the same...!!!" what set me off was my brain went blank and I couldn't remember the word for an apple!

I'm waffling but just want you to know I understand, it is tough, hope you feel better soon. hugs...
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tom from Queens (04-13-2014)