View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I take Magnesium and it seems to help, have suffered from anxiety for a long time over one thing or another. (Car accident last year triggered depression again)

I'm on an antidepressant so have to be careful what to take but am looking for something natural.

Just wanted to mention I was so incredibly shy as a child/teenager/in my twenties I hardly spoke in social situations, I would actually freeze in place and could not move, always worried and scared about what to say, it was very bad.

I could go on and on about all the feelings I had about it, just felt as though I did not fit in anywhere and everyone else was so confident, by the time I'd thought of something to say the conversation had shifted to another subject!!

Then I'd get depressed and stay home all the time.

Eventually I just started speaking up (I had a fear everyone would laugh at me) and nothing happened, I didn't drop dead and no one laughed, unless they thought I'd said something funny of course!

I now know there's nothing for me to be afraid of and my husband tells me I never stop talking when we are out!

I also bought the book by Dr. Claire Weekes, "Hope and help for your nerves" that book changed my life even more, a wonderful book and I highly recommend it.

Hope you feel better soon!
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-08-2014), Lara (04-15-2014)