View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
My SIL and 2 of her sisters all have Raynaud's. I'm not sure which type each of them has but I do know they carry gloves with them all the time, even in the summer. My SIL's fingers become like Lynn's, whitish yellow.

I am sorry you have to now deal with this diagnosis as well but at least you now know what is causing this symptom.

Hang in there and carry gloves and other warming devices like the ones you can put in your gloves and/or socks.
Thank you tkrik and thank you for sharing.

I wear 2 layers of socks, most times in the summer as well. I don't find that my hands are too bad in the summer, but I'll keep that glove suggestion in mind (I'll pick up a pair to carry in my purse, I have 2 pairs I carry with me in my coat pockets in the Winter).

I just bought, at the suggestion of a friend, boots called "Hut Boots" (or formerly called - they've since changed the name of them) which are for indoor wear to warm up the feet after you've been outdoors for an extended period (skiing, for example). She has fibro and has severe cold issues in hands/feet, and swears by the boots (they're more like a boot slipper). Says she can't live without them, especially when it's very cold and damp. Perfect! I'll get them in the mail shortly, I hope they do the trick, they weren't cheap (but where health and well being are concerned, I think it's important to splurge on good items!).

Weather's warming up here. Now get this... while I have the Raynaud's affecting my hands/feet, once the humidity kicks in for the summer, I have "dyshidrosis" (form of eczema) on my thumbs, index, and middle fingers. Both hands. My mother also gets this. They sometimes call it "bad sweating".

Goooo figure! lol! When life throws lemons at you, make lemonaid!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote