View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryG View Post
I met with Dr. Thompson this week. He was very friendly and thorough. I don't doubt that I am in good hands. It was a relief to finally have a diagnosis after 5 long years. Neurogenic thoracic outlet with pec involvement. I was scheduled for a scalene injection the next day. However, he said that since there was no doubt about my diagnosis, that I did not need to have this procedure done. He wants me to have 6 weeks of PT and I have a follow up appt with him May 29th. I asked him what the probability of surgery was. His response was that I will more than likely be having surgery. That my symptoms are pretty progressed. He also told me that with the nature of my job that I will be out on recovery for 2-3 months. While relieved to finally have a diagnosis, I am worried about surgery. I have never had surgery nor any hospital stays aside from having my children. My job is strenuous on my body. I move and lift patients. Also pushing carts constantly. Which worries me that after I go back to work that I am going to mess up the progress from surgery.
I'm glad to hear you're in good hands with Dr. Thompson. I'm wondering how Dr. Thompson came to the conclusion of pec minor involvement and hope you might explain, if possible. Thank you!
elap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote