View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Hey everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my thread

My short version: I've been on gaba since this started last May. Got up to 2700mg but couldn't take the mental issues so he lowered me back down to 1800 mg. He added Cymbalta in Jan (I think) and the 60 mg seemed to clear my head up a little from the gaba but didn't help with the pain at all. He then increased to 90 mg Cymbalta and I only made it 5 weeks before lowering myself back down to 60 mg due to side effects. I saw my neuro last Monday and he said for me to not take the gaba that night and instead take a 75 mg lyrica. So now I'm on 75 mg of lyrica 2 x's a day and 60 mg of Cymbalta at night. This is in addition to my metformin, glimerpiride, paxil, and tinormin that I take for migraines and not BP issues. Vicodin and Xanax as needed.

This has not been a good week......I've been in lala land, doing a lot of

sleeping, the pain is almost back to what it was when I started this journey and I've been taking 1/2 a vicodin every 2 hours, sometimes 1 hour apart depending on the pain level. I can't stay up more than 30 minutes before I'm looking for somewhere to lay down.....after about an hour I can get back up for a little while. I know it will probably take 2 weeks for this to level out in my system and the neuro wants to see me back in 3 weeks to see how this med is doing.

I'm guessing plenty of you have been through this changing of meds and how it effects everyone differently. Neuro said he didn't have many options left to treat me with. As I've said before....all I want is to be able to clean my house, grocery shop once a week and cook dinner. And I'm nowhere close to being able to do that. Makes me sad, angry and a whole lot of other feelings come and go.

I did get some good news.....I had a CT scan last week as part of my third 3 month post cancer visit and it was all clear. That was from my gyn.....will see my oncologist next week for blood tests. That chemo is some mean stuff

Debi from Georgia

Hi St George!!!. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and can't do the things you want to do. Didn't your Dr. wean you off of the GABA? I too am on LYRICA from GABA but was weaned off of the GABA probably because of the withdrawel system.

I feel the Lyrica is helping me more than the other. It did make make me tired the 1st week but after that I was fine. I work 6 to 8 hours a day and have no issues with it.

What I do have issues with is sitting in front of a computer for that length of time working although I do get up several times.

Yesterday I had a time of it with numbness and deep aches in my legs by night time I took a Xanax and Oxycodone and finally went to sleep.

A couple days before I was fine very little discomfort from the monster neuropathy then I had some whole grain pasta with vegetables and my sugar went up and I feel this is what triggered that episode.

You have other health problems as I do too but my other one seems under control at this time.

Finally after waiting for 3 months I have an appointment with a Neurologist this Friday.

I already had the EMG and have Severe Poly Neuropathy with severe axonal damage.

You will get over this hump soon. I understand and yesterday I had tears all day over this but today was a new day and the symptoms a little burning are there but nothing like the day before.

Awesome on your Cat scan that's something to celebrate.

uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (04-14-2014), St George 2013 (04-16-2014)