Thread: "Memorial Day"
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 04:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I couldn't agree more, e1. I was married to two Navy men, 13 years total, and the sacrifices they (and all us families) made were endless.

I have serious issues regarding the war we are currently in. But when people discuss how awful it is, and how we shouldn't even BE there, they need to remember one extremely important thing. That is NOT our soldier's and sailor's faults! Our men are doing what they have been asked/ordered to do. They are doing it for the most noble reason of all... to protect our country and our citizens, our very way of life. They may have been mislead/ lied to, our gov't may have them in Iraq for all the wrong reasons, etc. BUT... our men are there doing what is asked of them, and for ALL the right reasons.

What we as a nation did to the Vietnam vets when they returned home is something we should all be extremely ashamed of. Let's not make the same mistake twice, please.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote