View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Look forward to Starting

The appointment with my Dr. went well this morning and he has prescribed LDN at 1.5mg to start for a week then increase to 3 after that. Will monitor to see if the jump to 4.5mg will be necessary. Luckily we have a relatively close compounding pharmacy that will make the correct dose for me. Even at 50 to 60 bucks a month, that is far better than 1700 or even 5800 for tysabri or tefidera. I have a skeptics heart so I am definitely hoping for the best but expecting nothing. The testimonials led me to create the conversation with my Dr. but as will all Medical Doctors, they look at results and trials for proof. But he did indicate that even if it IS placebo, and it's only my brain telling me that i feel better, that in and of itself is reason enough to be on it due to the better Quality of Life, even if it is just fabricated by my brain. The risks are so minimal that even one better week a month would out-weigh the potential risk. I just wanted to share that I have read all these LDN posts and have made the conclusion to give it a shot. Whether Hype or Hope is yet to be seen but what harm could it do????
Weege19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (04-16-2014), SallyC (04-15-2014)