Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No I don't do any symptom testing as my primary symptom is a strong tremor and it is very clear when it leaves. My Mirapex has a slight reduction of tremor, but nothing compared to ketones. I should qualify that stress brings the tremor back out, even @ 3 mM/l, but it can be more easily brought back under control, which I can't do without ketones. I have been up to 5.5 mM/l and find that there is a continuum of improvement in symptoms.

I am trying to focus on learning how to achieve higher serum ketones. I have not experimented with reducing medication. I'm concerned with sustaining a reliable ketone level, and an improved quality of life. Living low carbohydrate with ketone supplementation has significantly improved my quality of life. I had a very hard time preparing meals and eating them without being in ketosis.

I should also qualify that I am no longer taking 12 TBS of coconut oil since being on a low carbohydrate diet. Serum ketone levels are much more responsive to ketone supplementation when on a low carb diet. I am down to 4 TBS per day.

Last edited by satwar; 04-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.
satwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (04-16-2014)