View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I guess this is what I hold onto Allen, the resentment and anger towards the surgeon. Same thing in your case, how can 1 person take away our lives like that and have no remorse what so ever?
It was really hard to forgive this guy. When I went in to see what was wrong with me. I had to threaten to jump on his sports car to see me, otherwise it was a 2 week wait.

Because I threatened to jump up and down on the hood of his $85000 car.....he cussed me out all the way back into the treatment room. He listened as I told him what was wrong, then proceeded to check the wrong leg. When I corrected him....he started cussing again.

He cussed a blue streak when I told him I wanted another doctor to fix it. When he discovered that the artery was blocked......all he said was ....oops!.
Not Oh man im sorry....just oops!! Thats when I started cussing!

I tried to sue, but in California they capped the award to $250000. The attorneys would tell me to go lose my leg , and then come back!

You have to realize I probably made more money then he does, and had a nice sports car too! He took everything away without even an Im sorry.

But after a few years I realized I was carrying around this anger and hate, and it was only hurting me, not him. He didnt even have a clue. It doesnt mean I have to like him, but I needed to move on in order to find a life.

It isnt easy when you start thinking about all the things he took away, but there is no going back. I have to look at what I am able to do, and see if I can build a life out of the ashes.
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (04-19-2014), eevo61 (04-16-2014), RSD ME (04-17-2014), tos8 (04-16-2014), visioniosiv (04-16-2014)