Thread: Weird Question
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Toe! I will be married 15 years in August, to a wonderful man I met online. So there is success in it, you just have to exercise caution (meaning there are some crazies out there ). Here is my story: I have had RSD for 23 years, but it started in my face and I was in remission when I met my husband. I say remission because it wasn't in full on pain all the time, I had flares that were manageable with meds. I suffered terrible migraines my entire life and I had some bad attacks of pain in my head when we were on dates. He would just hold me and not leave until the pain eased up (he lived an hour away). Before we met face-to-face, we emailed, instant messaged and talked on the phone a lot for a couple of weeks. In one of our conversations, he told me that he played competitive tennis since he was 12 years old. He then told me that he was born with cerebral palsy which affected his right side. My reply was "So. It obviously hasn't slowed you down". It never bothered me. When we met, I knew immediately that he was "the one". (I never believed in that sort of thing until then) I asked him to marry me one month after we met and we got married a month later. I have had so many health issues before and after we met. Our relationship has only gotten better and stronger. My RSD began to spread in 2007 and is now throughout most of my body, plus the other things it has caused. I would not be able to make it through this fight if it wasn't for him. I honestly mean that.

I think that you should share your RSD/CRPS with your potential mate, but only when the time is right. If it scares someone away, then they are not the right one for you. My husband told me about how many dates he went on before we met, as soon as they saw his right arm they were done (drawn up and a little smaller - he can't really use it). It didn't even phase me. I saw his beautiful eyes and smile and was hooked

I wish you the best on this new venture. It will be a great adventure for you.
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote