View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisue,

Has the discomfort gotten worse? Does it look like the wound is healing closed? Is it still very red or inflamed... are the gums in that area still bleeding when you brush?

If you feel you need to be seen again, I would suggest you find a different oral surgeon because this guy sounds like a jerk. Regarding the rash that you developed.... it is not wise to wait until the rash progresses... that is just stupid. Has the rash cleared up?

There are reasons why you are so sensitive to medications and the OS should understand that and discuss that with you, instead of being sarcastic and disinterested. He may have this attitude because he either does not feel it warrants any attention, feels that you have not given it enough time to heal and/or he is just a jerk.

You may not need any intervention and it just may need more time to heal. I cannot tell you yes or no from my view point here as I have not seen you clinically, or seen any xrays or photos of the area. So I truly cannot tell you if it needs intervention. I am not going to describe what the surgical procedure would be if the OS was to open it up again because you may not need that and depending on the situation the procedure can be done a couple of different ways. I have no visual to go by as to what may be happening to you.

If you decide you need to see someone... find a different OS and make sure you bring all of your pre and post op xrays with you. Do you live in a very rural area? If not then oral surgeons are not that difficult to locate. Are you concerned about finding one in your insurance plan? If so, you may have to see someone out of network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
Bryanna, just a couple of more questions ( now it's been 5 weeks after the tooth extraction and the gums still feel puffy ). I'm so scared to go back and have this extraction site opened up ( nobody with experience answered my post ), but at the same time I'm so upset and angry because I'm convinced that my problem is only because the OS didn't clean the extraction site after he pulled the tooth, and he knew it was a root canaled tooth. What should I ask him before the procedure ? I don't know how he will be talking to me, my experience with him it's not good. I was taking clindamycin , just in case ( I'm sure I took it for nothing ) and on a third day I got a little rash on my stomach, I got scared it's an allergy ( I'm allergic to z-pack and amoxcillin ) so I called his office. When he called back he said if I'm allergic to every antibiotic he can give me, what can he do ? and a little rash is nothing, when I'll be covered in rash all over my body, then I should stop taking the antibiotic. It's hard to find another OS so I have to go back to him. I didn't make the appointment yet. Thank you !

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote