View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisue,

Okay sometimes applying something to the wound can cause further irritation and puffiness. Keep in mind it is an open wound... open to the bone. So you really don't want to put anything on the opening that could get inside to the bone because the bone needs to remain sterile. I would suggest that you put nothing on the site. No herbs, nothing. Salt water rinses are good and keep doing that for several more days. When you see the oral surgeon, tell him what you have been putting on the site. It could be that the area is just severely irritated and that's why it's taking long to heal. But I cannot say that for certain.

No pain upon bending forward usually indicates that the sinus is not involved. So that's good. See if you can reduce the motrin to 400 and give it at least 30 minutes to kick in. You can always take another 200 mgs if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
No pressure when I bend my head down. I rinse with salt water in the morning, late afternoon when I get home from work and after dinner and before going to bed. I have a cup of coffee around 1 pm, but I'm trying to drink it on the other side ( maybe not successfully ), no spicy foods, and I was trying to put on the gums PerioRub with phytoplenolin ( and other soothing herbs like aloe vera, echinacea,calendula,olive leaf ). Today I didn't put that on, and I still have some pain even after taking 600 mg of motrin ( today is the worst day regarding the pain. it's not unberable but it's there ).

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote