View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear kemily 18,

First, welcome.
Second, you are impressive that you have sought out information for yourself.
Third, I am so sorry that you are suffering.

Now to my comments.

You are not only young but also at a very precarious age as you are old enough to want to make decisions for yourself about your medical care but are under the age of 18 and not yet considered an adult. That makes you somewhat subject to the wishes and decisions of your parents and a bit limited in your quest for medical care.

You appear to be a very mature-minded 16 year old and should be commended for it.

I agree with Brambledog that you need to have a frank discussion with your parent(s) about your medical care and need to seek out what is best for you.

Any chance you can have some input about your care with your parents? Is there any chance they may be receptive to suggestions from you?

You ARE an amazing young lady. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how things progress.

A lot of us here are "old" (I am speaking of myself) but there are also some young people, too. I hope you can find comfort and help with us regardless of any age differences. We all have one thing in common,..... PAIN and no one should have to deal with that alone. We are here for you.

Good luck to you and hope you can get the help you need. Please keep in touch.

Last edited by Hopeless; 04-16-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-17-2014)