View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegrrl View Post
Packet, yes. Tinned, depends which sort you buy (at least here in Australia)... I'm a label reader. And (needless to say) that risotto recipe also works with the homemade soup your brother's partner brought you in exchange for babysitting duty (or whatever)... yup, such things have been know to happen in my house

One more idea: cook some fav recipes in bulk when there's someone else around (or, better still WITH them... more fun ). Freeze for later microwaving. Makes sure house DOESNT burn down (and you dont either)... also means there's something ready cooked when you dont have time/energy are short.
there is no low sodium soup in my area. used to be campbells had an excellent low sodium line, but no more.

there isn't anyone available to cook with, so while this would be a good idea for someone with family it does not work for me.

i live alone in a senior building full of people in worse shape than i am and have no one to help me. i am very independent and manage pretty well. last year i added some additional health problems that really slowed me down.

i not only burn pans, i leave out ingredients, add extra stuff, do all sorts of weird things. i average an absence seizure every ten minutes. short, but inconvenient. can really mess up cooking.

so what i need is very simple stuff that i can't mess up or set the house on fire with.

wishing hugs and chocolate to everyone
annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote