View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Too many complications after arnold chiari malformation surgery

Hi I want to introduce my self, my name is Roy. I am new here, and have lots of concerns and questions that's need answers please! I have arnold chiari malformation, and after at least ten Years I found a doctor who would listen to me. He asked me what my symptoms were, had an MRI done. He told me that my sag was pretty severe and recommended surgery. So I did. I never got any better after the surgery. I sufficed from diabetes which I never had before , then my incision kept opening and was leaking puss. Every time I saw the doctor he said that was normal. I grew sicker and sicker. I couldn't keep anything down, and all I would do was lay in bed and sip water. One night I got up to stumble to the bathroom, and that's when I passed out. I woke up in the back of the ambulance and on the way to the er. My blood pressure was 31/56, not good. They worked on getting my blood pressure stable enough to transport me back down where I had the surgery done, and then to find out he was no longer working for that office and was no longer my surgeon. We didn't know what to do so my wife filed an a grievance with my insure company and next thing you know, I'm going to uc irvine. They took one look at my incision and set me up for surgery. The infection went from the incision ad through to my brain and skull. They were able to scrub it out and hit me with a picc line and some heavy antibiotics for a few months. Now in the past few months I am starting to have a lot of new symptoms, so if anybody haas some answers or advice for me that would be a blessing. It's when I had all the signs and symptoms of a stroke. My eyes blurred, my left side completely locked up on me, then after 5 or 10 minutes it stopped but the came the excruciating headache. That has happened around 5 or 6 times. Now I have extremely bad headaches 24/7, blurred and double vision, my legs and arms muscles are always locked UPC in nausea, I get mood changes, clumsiness, and extremely fatigued. Can someone please give me a heads up on whats going on with me, I really appreciate it, thanks.
Rdenno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote