View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreynolds View Post
hi all. I have been reading this thread for quite a long time. i've been feeling quite down and depressed about constantly increasing back and buttock pain that i've had for around 6 years now. My most recent MRI shows degeneration and some bulging at the l5-s1 level. i am on painkillers almost everyday and i hate it. reading this thread gives me hope that 1 day i may be able to achieve a pain free existence. My last treatment was facet joint injections and they didn't really do anything. The worst thing at the moment is that i have a 14 month old son and really don't feel like i can take care of him it makes me feel like a failure as a father. Mum has to do everything everything. She is an angel and is incredible, but it makes me feel like such a letdown to her.

i have a follow up appointment with my Ortho surgeon on the 13th of january and i'm going to discuss trying to have one more focused go at physio therapy. i still religiously do stretching and strengthening exercises most days walk most days and manage to swim usually up to about a mile and a half a week. it's really disheartening to think that all the hard work isn't really doing anything especially as i seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

thanks again for letting me introduce myself and for all the posts that the inspiring people have put on this thread. my name is Adam from the UK - I hope to be able to use this thread as a source of of support and inspiration just as others have over the last ten years. Thanks especially to Mike for keeping it up for so long.

Thanks all, and happy new year.
Good luck mate, i've been through exactly the things you describe and tried everything. All the best.

Grace, good luck and read back through this thread, as i talked about what and what not to do when in recovery post op. , i believe what you do post op plays a big part in deciding if you will have a successful pain free operation or not.

Keep us posted

Cheers
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-17-2014)