View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Emily the no meds route is not a nice experience, I have a neuro-receptor disorder which means I get instant immunity after one dose of any medication. They stopped prescribing anything for me in Nov 2010. believe me you don't have a life without them just a constant struggle to keep going. If you want a chance to survive in High School you need some sort of pain relief, you also need to make sure the school knows that the slightest trauma can cause this to spread and any wound may never heal.
Kemily - don't let the wounds thing freak you out - this is extreme cases. After 4 years, you've probably had the odd skin injury already and know how your body reacts and heals. BUT we do need to be careful with things like needles (ask for paediatric ones, and only in a non-CRPS limb if you can), BP cuffs (non-CRPS arm if poss.) and being careful with wounds until they heal. Daily vitamin C (500mg daily) has been proven to reduce the risk of spread, and I think quite a few here take it (not recommended if you suffer from kidney stones though).

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-17-2014)