View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default 5 weeks post concussion Help

Hi-

Very to meet all of you, some for which might be suffering similar symptoms as my own.

5 weeks ago i fell off a staircase rail and landed 12-15 feet on concrete fracturing my right thumb, spraining my wrist, and straining my right leg.

i also managed to hit the right side of my head heavily in the concrete upon impact. Although i did not lose consciousness i'm suffering tremendously from noise sensitivity and tinnitus in my right ear making it difficult to sleep which is leading to fatigue/exhaustion.

As it is now 5 weeks since the accident the ringing in the ears and noise sensitivity has yet to reside. It's the worst at night when i'm in a quiet room and any sort of external noise only intensifies the ringing as my ear remains noise sensitive.

I have been trying my best to stay active and do work, yet it is very difficult. I feel like my entire system just wants to shut down. I've seen an ENT and my hearing is normal and i don't have wax buildup. Also Head Ct Scan came back negative. I'm wondering if i have pinched a nerve, or broken a blood vessel upon impact? All of this is very difficult to deal with.

I'm wondering if anyone might have advice? Has anyone had similar symptoms? It's already been 5 weeks and I'm beginning to worry if my brain will ever recover? Thanks a lot for those who take the time to report feedback.
martin82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote