Thread: dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry about your dog. My husband recently had to put his cat to sleep because he was diabetic and just kept getting sick and it was just time. My husband was a wreck for a while.

I grew up in PA where I know there are a lot of companies and organizations close by that train service dogs. While I absolutely love it, I live in Utah now and there doesn't seem to be a wealth of such things around here. Obviously that needs to be corrected, because not everyone can travel obscene distances for a dog. I know I can't. I don't do well in winter because of my Raynaud's and I don't travel well in summer because of my heat allergy. So, it's going to be local(ish) if I want one. Colorado or Idaho wouldn't be bad drives, or maybe western Wyoming. Other than that I doubt I could get any farther. But, I have nothing but time on my hands, love to learn and read and am an ace at research. If there is one thing I can do it is learn something. So I can learn what I need to to go into training my own with the help of a professional trainer with my eyes wide open on what I'm getting into.
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (04-17-2014)