View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Joe,

Are you using ear buds or speakers to listen to the podcasts ? Using ear buds will lower the audio processing load by excluding ambient sound. If you have not tried using ear buds, I suggest trying them. You can reduce the processing load by increasing the contrast between the target sound and the ambient sounds. Ear buds, ear phones and such can do this.

The Buffalo protocol is based on finding the pain threshold of effort and staying just below it for repeated efforts then slowly increasing the level of effort in week to two week stages, always staying below the pain or other symptom trigger threshold.
Yes Mark, I do use ear buds for podcasts and even other times to screen out ambient noise.

About the Buffalo protocol, do you think the same principle would work for things like talking and listening to podcasts, or does it only refer to exercise?

The drugs I was referring to in my original post were prescription drugs like nortriptyline, which I just increased from 40 to 50 MG daily. When I was on the prednisone, I did more activity because I did not have a headache, but when I cameoff the prednisone, my condition was worse than before I started it, possibly because I increased activity .

Thanks again for all the help I am getting.
Joe
Hamncheese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote