View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Update on Continuous Epidural Infusion - Success!!

Hello All,

I thought I would give a quick update on how this is working out for me. It's been 22 days since the Continuous Epidural Catheter was placed and I've been absolutely amazed at the results!! I went from a constant pain level of 8-10 down to a level of 1-3 and sometimes even 0 yes... 0. This isn't like with meds where one symptom is gone and the others remain.. all symptoms have decreased significantly.

I've gotten my life back. My mind is much more clear now that I am sleeping better and not taking oral meds (except Baclofen). Ah.. my husband is also sleeping better for which he is most thankful. My energy levels are increasing and I've even managed 2 small hikes. I've been limited in really pushing things while this temporary epidural has been in place as they don't want me to dislodge it. That will change after tomorrow..

I just got word last night that my permanent implant (tunneled epidural catheter w/port) will be surgically implanted tomorrow morning at 8:30AM.. Yippee Yahoo.. I can see a shower in my not so distant future 22 days of sponge baths is toooooo long. I am nervous and excited. This truly is amazing, I am so grateful for my doctors!!

Wishing the best for everyone,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (04-17-2014), ginnie (04-18-2014), RSD ME (04-18-2014), Vrae (04-17-2014)