View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Raigne,

Again, some of your seizure questions might be addressed on the Epilepsy forum if you haven't already.

MrsD knows a lot about thyroid, as do many other folks in the Peripheral Neuropathy forum.

If you're concerned about the inaccuracy in the medical report (PA not discussing all test results), you can, if you wish, upload a letter addressing this. If your patient portal doesn't allow/have this feature, snail mail will do.

Quote:
First up is the B12 numbers. I guess I don't understand the B12 stuff because here's what it says:

VALUE 243-894 pg/mL
>2000
The first line is the "normal" range; the ">2000" is your level (some labs only measure up to 2000). This lab is out of date; new(er) recommendations for normal range are over 400 for healthy people; higher for some conditions like PN/diabetes, etc. There is a plethora of information about B12 in the PN forum. It's recommended that B12 supplements be discontinued for a month before testing, so that may account for your high level. Here's a recent thread on elevated B12 levels:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread203092.html

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-18-2014)