View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks mrsD :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't think you should be on ANY Paxil while taking the Cymbalta. Serotonin syndrome is serious, and if you have high serotonin for long periods of time, it can damage heart valves, and possibly cause pulmonary hypertension.
This is why some diet pills were taken off the market as they raised serotonin too.

Your pharmacy should have stopped you at some point, and explained this to you. So do be careful, please! I think you should discuss this ASAP with your doctor...and come to a safe solution with him/her.
I'm going to go and see my PCP in the morning. She gives me the Paxil and is easier to talk to than the neuro that prescribed the Cymbalta without noticing I'm on Paxil...and that's saying it nicely

After I read your last post I looked this up again and decided some of the same symptoms may have started after going on the Cymbalta approx. 12 weeks ago. Not going to take any chances per your suggestion and get it discussed. I'm guessing I'll have to titrate down on the Paxil ?

I have had the worst day as far as pain goes. Like I said before since dropping the gaba and Dr Greer adding the Lyrica the pain is sharper and there is more of it.....the fingers and toes are really doing a number on me and I can't sleep last night or tonight. Didn't realize until I dropped the gaba how much it was effecting my mind....my head is clearer but with dropping that came the change for the worst in my pain levels.

Oh well....I'll discuss with Amy tomorrow and see what we can come up with. I see Dr Greer at the end of next week to discuss my 3 weeks on Lyrica. If this pain doesn't let up some I'm thinking he'll have to change it again.....if there is something else for him to change me to.

Thanks again and I'll let you know what she says. I'm guessing she'll be ticked at the neuro and pharmacy for not noticing the Paxil and Cymbalta thing.

Debi in Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote