Thread: Mad
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well said allen

I still have times when I get very sad or angry and mourn the things I've lost, but over time I've learnt that as Allen says, it just ain't worth it . Hard though it is, you do find other things to do to replace some of the lost stuff (not the same, but hey, better than nowt), things to occupy yourself, keep your mind active even if your body can't be, keep your spirits up even when you feel like crap. The human mind is amazing in its capacity to deal with crap and still keep us upright.

Just the other day, I found an old pair of my heels. Two years ago that would have reduced me to a hopeless damp rag of a girl, weeping for her lost youth. Now I shrug, think 'yeah that sucks', and move on.

All the self-discipline and positive thoughts in the world don't help on those black days when you kind of fall into a well of bad thoughts, and we all have those at times....but those days end. And tomorrow the sun comes up again I keep telling myself that lol.

We understand, and you're not alone with those thoughts. Just remember that those strong emotions can use as much energy as anything else. Don't let the cripsy stuff win - banish those blues with some uplifting, defiant sing-along music, a bar of chocolate or a glass of wine, and two fingers (or whatever hand gesture fits ) to the crips. Usually helps me. Not always lol, but usually .

Take care of yourself. You are still worth a lot, even with CRPS. You still have much to contribute and achieve, despite CRPS. Look at things from a different angle and sometimes there is something else there that you couldn't see before, just waiting to be conquered Go get 'em.

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (04-19-2014), RSD ME (04-18-2014)