View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My cousin just died. He was a quadriplegic (broke his neck jumping into a lake without looking when he was a teenager). His sister is the only other person in the family that I know of that has MS. She was in the hospital having her first MS flare when her brother broke his neck. So, they were both in the hospital at the same time, paralyzed.

It's weird. I was just thinking about him and his sister this afternoon. Not sure why I was thinking about them. He'd been on a ventilator for the past couple of months. Not sure what happened. The family member that called us didn't know everything that happened. I'm guessing that he got pneumonia or something like that during the winter, and because of his condition, he just didn't get better from it.

I hope his sister is ok, and doesn't get an MS flare from this. I hadn't talked to him for at least 8 to 10yrs, and it was before I knew about my MS. I hope his sister is doing ok. (I don't think I've ever talked to her)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (04-18-2014), Mariel (04-21-2014)