View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos8 View Post
Im glad you were able to forgive him. Ive come to terms that ill never be able to forgive my surgeon, she knew what she did, she took advantage of me and knew it, and she knew she could get away with it. So ill harbor this anger, but for now that's ok because its what gets me threw the day.
Hi Tos, I feel the same way about the surgeon who screwed up my wrist surgery. I'm angry that he caused me harm not only in the ER but when he changed casts. He did it without putting me under and my wrist was still broken. I was in so much pain and he didn't seem phased. He even joked about it saying that he betted I wanted to punch him because of all the pain I was in. I said I did but I wouldn't because I thought at the time he was helping me and trusted him. So I squeezed my husbands hand so hard and cried for about fifteen minutes. Then I got a sharp pain in my shoulder and screamed. The dr said that happens sometimes from lack of movement. I come to find out later that I had rsd and that it traveled from my wrist and hand up to my shoulder. There was no nurse in the room and this incident was never noted in my drs report. Big surprise. So now I have rsd in my wrist and all extremeties and stomach and limited range of motion in my hand and no motion in my wrist. I am so angry, not because he made a mistake, but because he just didn't seem to care. But you know Tos, these drs that hurt us and don't care, have to live with themselves and someday have to answer to God. So I am trying to forgive my dr and hope he asks for forgiveness from God. I've made my share of mistakes and don't feel I have the right to judge. I've asked forgiveness for things I did that were wrong. So I going to try to do the same for my surgeon. I know it's hard because he hasn't asked for forgiveness (at least not from me), but they say that not forgiving only keeps us from moving forward. And we have suffered enough. So maybe if not for your surgeons sake, maybe forgive him for your own sake so that you can move on with your life. You deserve to have some peace. I hope you find it my friend. You have a been a good friend to me and I hope you feel better soon. With love, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (04-19-2014), eevo61 (04-20-2014), visioniosiv (04-19-2014)