View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sitke,

Many times in my life I have had hallucinations during a sz. before they were under control where I would see odd things or people right before I went into a sz. this is the optical lobe which is the back of your head causing this to happen. The neurons in that area of your brain are firing up and in turn causing halucinations. When you were in the bath tub the warm water probably fired up the neurons in your brain causing this to happen. Years ago before I had brain surgery this would sometimes happen to me when showering and my Dr. told me that it was the hot water firing up the neurons that caused this.
If you woke up exhausted this morning I wouldn't be surprised if you had a sz. in your sleep as I mentioned to you before. Ask your Dr. to do a sleep study on you along with an e.e.g. overnight and they will be able to see if you are having sz. in your sleep. When this happens to me I feel really tired in the morning when I wake up but I will say since I've been taking vimpat all of that has stopped. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote