View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
The pain feels like a secret that keeps me standing just apart from everyone else.
Brilliantly put Kim. It is exactly that. And the degrees of separation thing with folk is very true as well....my close family that I live with kind of get it, but they don't fully understand the nuts and bolts of why it is so hard. They are learning the same as me. My parents and sisters don't really understand it, but are better at tolerating it (and me) than they were .

Friends, hmm. Friends are tricky. I lost a fair few during the first year, just not understanding, and not being willing to deal with everything that was going on. As they say, you find out who your friends are....sad, but so true. With the friends i have now I do a lot of pain management around them, and try not to make a big deal out of anything. I've just found that letting them in to any full-on cripsy crap is too much for most people and they can't deal with it.

The one thing I miss most and want most is a close friend I can just be myself with, no pretence, no hiding, no secrets. I find not having that very hard, and it's the main reason I'm here with all you lovely folk. You are my best friend who listens to the worst stuff, and just says, it's ok, we're here, we understand, hang on. Means the world.

Such a shame you can't come round for the odd evening to share a good film, a bottle of vino and a box of chocs though lol

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (04-19-2014), anon6715 (04-19-2014), eevo61 (04-20-2014)