View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasZan View Post
Secondly I was wondering about this, "gate," concept.

I have not dramatically increased my blood flow for quite a few months, could the very fact that I have not increased my blood flow be the cause for the symptoms?

Same with noise, I have not been in a noisy area for many months and now I get headaches when I am put in those situations. Could I be experiencing these symptoms due to the fact that I am not used to the noise?
In response to your second question I think that the answer is twofold. At first after a concussion with PCS you cannot exercise or be around bright light and noise and so you do not do those things, but after you begin to heal you still cannot do those things because your body is no longer used to those things. It is as though the PCS has put you in a dark prison, but when you are released you still cannot stand the sunlight because of all the time spent in the dark.

I ran up three flights of stairs 4 days ago challenging my little sister to a race, and I am still feeling the results. I feel like I am falling down while reclining in a chair. Such is life for me now, but I hope that someday I can find a way to cope with this so that I can consider getting married and having kids because as I am now, that is not going to happen.

Good Luck!
Happy Easter!
~Margarite

Fell off a horse in late winter of 2009 blacked out for a couple seconds, had amnesia for 10 hours (still don't remember this time), had 2 CT scans, 2 MRI's, 1 MRA all negative. Since the first concussion I have continually knocked my head into different things purely by accident or from being stupid. These many concussions over a short period of time have caused
constant migraines, nausea, and dizziness/lack of balance.
Migraine triggers are:
light sensitivity (especially to florescent or bright lights)
sound sensitivity (especially to high pitched or loud sounds)
temperature sensitivity (especially to cold or extreme heat)
activity (especially if breathing increases or head is jostled)
pressure on head (sinuses, hats, headbands, sunglasses, pony-tails)
lacks or quality (food, sleep, water)
tension (stress, tight muscles, tired eyes, sickness)
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote