Thread: Huperzine A:
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 02:01 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

What I've read so far (only 3 articles) says it's got promise for Alzheimer's. It's late, so I'll get into it further next week.

I wasn't really looking for skeptical articles at this point, but one came up prominently that got me laughing so hard I thought you might appreciate it. Please don't take this to mean I'm taking any kind of stance on Huperzine A; it's too early, and I have a LOT more reading to do. The article is about a supplement mixture that contains Huperzine A; it doesn't really have anything negative to say about Huperzine; just that a lot isn't known/proven yet. It's more about the charlatanism in the claims about some of these mixtures and how they're marketed.

Procera AVH: A Pill to Restore Memory

I have seen the Science Based Medicine site before, and I think I'm getting to like it so far. It also led me to a couple of other sites I'll be checking out soon.

Supplement Geek—Supplement Reviews Without the Hype

The Skeptic's Dictionary
The Skeptic's Dictionary—Procera AVH® and Ceraplex

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (04-20-2014), birdman (04-21-2014), Kitty (04-20-2014), mrsD (04-20-2014)