View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Update and images (warning graphic)

Good Morning All - Happy Easter Celebration!

The nurse came yesterday and looked at the port and incisions and all looks good! He also ordered me some waterproof shields so that I can take somewhat of a shower (still not a 'real' shower for another 3 weeks) oh... that is going to be nice! The reason for not taking a real shower is the risk of infection, I don't want that so I will continue to be patient.

The incision pain is a little better this morning. I slept remarkably well last night and off/on yesterday. Today will be a busy day with family & friends so I'm sure the extra sleep will help make the day as enjoyable as possible. What is amazing about today - NO ANXIETY about visiting with friends, family, children running around and a few dogs.. an environment that would have caused such great anxiety/pain 23 days ago now brings a smile I'll keep you posted on how well it works.

I wanted to share a few pics of what this Epidural Catheter w/port entails for those that are interested in discussing the viability with your physicians. These were taken just hours after I got home.. pardon the postop look The one with me holding the backpack.. yes, that is the backpack that holds the meds and pump.. The med bags for now are the size of IV bags but this will change to smaller ones once the port is well healed over and the risk of infection is greatly reduced. I learned yesterday that the reason they sent the large bags is that the more times you connect and disconnect tubing and needles the more risk for bacteria to enter. Once everything is well healed we will switch to med bags that last 24hours instead of 3 days, then I can have a smaller pack.

It is working marvelously!!

Wishing you all the best day possible,
Tessa
Attached Thumbnails
Epidural Cath-A-Port / Epidural Infusion-spinal_incision-jpg   Epidural Cath-A-Port / Epidural Infusion-epiduralcatheport_-jpg   Epidural Cath-A-Port / Epidural Infusion-postopepiduralcatheter_1-jpg  
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (04-20-2014), eevo61 (04-20-2014), Nanc (04-21-2014), RSD ME (04-20-2014), Vrae (04-20-2014)