View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 PM
anon81114

anon81114

Default Panic attack help

Hello again,

It has been 3 months since my concussion now and I feel pretty ok except that I have started to experience the worst panic attacks in my life so far the past week.
I know it is due to stress around helping a friend with her disease, moving away from home, getting back to school and so on.

My biggest problem is that I shake uncontollably and sometimes I vomit during my panic attack. I feel like these attacks are causing a new concussion after each one, which I hope is not the case? I try to control my shaking but my head still shakes some and feels very bad afterwards, dizzy and mushy and all beat up, my ears ring like crazy and I feel nauseated etc.

My overall anxiety has been very low, much lower than usual, which is why these attacks are so suprising to me at this point. I never feel them coming they just happen in a second and lasts for about an hour despite all my coping techniques which usually does the job in 5 minutes or less.

Does anyone have any tips for how to handle the shaking or any tips on good anxiety meds that have helped you? I really can't control these panic attacks they are like nothing I have ever experienced, and I have had my share of big anxiety attacks before to compare to.. Any tips, thoughts, ideas on what to do? Is this another PCS symptom?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote