Thread: Cadasil
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Cadasil

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how much help I can be but I will do my best. I was diagnosed with CADASIL 4 years ago through genetic blood testing as my MRI was first looking like MS. First thing I did was dramatically change my diet. I was tested for any and all food sensitivities and allergies and eliminated them. This helped with the migraines and works even better when I increased the fruits and vegis ALOT! I have had intermittent "episodes" where my right arm will curl up and become fairly rigid and I lose my ability to speak. After a few hrs it subsides and comes back to normal. The reason I have time to write in here now is that I just got to spend a couple days in the hospital with new symptoms, weird head feelings, loss of speech severe fatigue and tremors. I've been put on anti seizure meds but it seems to only be helping the tremors so far. I want to sleep ALOT! My daughter keeps trying to find out info on this but as everyone else has said, no one seems to know anything about it. I see my neurologist at OHSU in a couple weeks so we will see if there is anything else new. I believe in muscle energy testing aka applied kinesiology, so am taking a few natural supplements that my body tested well for and I'm hoping will relieve these new episodes soon! I wish all of you peace and health!
Bearsinplaid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote