View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need ASAP advice- please help- clearly MG

I am new. I will make this brief b/c at this point, I can barely breathe.

Long story short, I am 45 female. I believe 99.9% that I have had undiagnosed MG for the past 15 years and don't know what to do.

15 yrs ago I had bizarre head/eye/headaches/parasthesias/chest pain and trouble breathing that came and went. but very severe so they took bone marrow from me. Nothing found except a polyclonal IgM in my blood and a bone marrow deletion showing a lymphoproliferative disease or plasma cell disease. Drs could not explain. Told me to forget it. I was a postpartum everyone chalked it up to depression.

I have had various neuro symptoms on and off for the past decade. At some point, one dr. told me my Lyme was positive and that was probably it. THe Lyme has been doubted by other drs. Positive AnA starts showing up. But low.

Fast forward. August 2013. Eye tugging sensations like someone pulling at my eyes. Terrible cranial nerve headache issues like nothing I ever felt before - unresponsive to any meds. Stress. Maybe. But it lasted for 3 months. THen it was followed by these episodes of "stiffening" where I would feel dizzy and my neck would stiffen up and I would get these terrible occipital pains, with jaw pains, teeth pains and ear symptoms - pressure rushes, I would call them.

Then around Christmas I started getting muscle spasms all over my body and twitches. I felt like my muscles in my arms, shoulders and neck were all burning with lactic acid. Had CT scan. Lungs showed "FOCAL CALCIFIED MEDIASTINAL LYMPH NODES."

I have horrible horrible throat and tongue pain and my facial muscles are weakening when I drink, I slurp. LIke someone is pulling my tongue out. My throat is always sore. Ears ringing/pain, terrible. My mouth burns and my tongue and face go numb. My eyes burn like hell. So do my sinuses. My occipital pressure coming back. "Stiffening episodes" in my head increasing. My right arm starting to feel "weird." For the past 9 months I have wanted to lop my head off.

I am an athlete. This week, I started feeling EXTREMELY TIRED after workouts and not capable. Chest pressure. First time I can't complete a workout. Something iS WRONG.

I have seen several neuros b/c worried about MS or ALS and had very full workups. Most say small fiber neuropathy, but something is missing. They did 2 EMGs. Normal. One said to come back in 3 months if not improved we will do biopsy for small fiber neuropathy. IN the meanwhile my family wanted me to go on SSRIs and Klonopin for muscle relaxant and mood issues. They felt that nothing was showing in the medical workup so must be in my head. Psych dr can't figure out why things getting WORSE on meds for 3 months.

I have had the million dollar workout but no one is tying the pieces together. Just had neck CT which shows "EXTRA THYMIC TISSUE APPEARS BENIGN."

Help! This all clicked with me today -the AnA, the mediastinal lymph nodes, the thymic tissue, the stiffening and craniobulbar symptoms, the burning muscles-

Is it possible ALL ALONG for 15 yrs I had MG and never knew it? If thats the case, its an answer - I have been terrified for the last 9 months. Now I am more terrified its Thymoma cancer or lambert eaton syndrome-- does it sound like either, help!!

So scared in NJ but I feel like this coming together on Easter Sunday is a sign from God, please help. WHo do I call??? Primary care dr, neuro, ER etc.
Pyr2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote