View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Omg nasty stuff Hope you are ok now Vrae...

Just as a reassurance, my elder daughter had something very similar a few months ago, and we asked the optician about it. She literally clutched at her face suddenly and cried out (at 16 yrs) and said it felt like she was being stabbed in the eye. Scary stuff and really shook her up. The optician checked her out and said she had strained her eyes, and it was the muscles and tissues of the eye causing the pain. Turned out she wasn't wearing her glasses enough . He said the eye is capable of causing a lot more pain than most folk think, and that a lot of simple things can cause deep pain, including your eyes needing a new prescription, having dry eyes, and just using screens too much. My daughter started wearing her glasses more like she should have been, and she hasn't had it since.

I know it's a whole different ball game when you have CRPS, but I'm just saying that it might not be CRPS, and there is a good likelihood that it's something more simple that can be helped. Maybe see your optician and just get them checked out.....but I really really hope it's just a one-off thing.

Take it easy x

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (04-22-2014)