View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I get the "feeling similar to just before passing out" when I overdo things. That is my warning signal to stop what I'm doing and rest immediately. Like you, I also get very tired while grocery shopping or doing chores around the home. If you happen to find out what that feeling is called, please tell me. I would like to read more about it.

It does sound to me like you're overdoing things, but I don't know if it would help you heal any faster if you stopped. My injury also took place in December, so I think that maybe we are both trying to do too much too soon? My doctor said at this point in my recovery, he doesn't feel like it will do more damage to my brain if I try to push through the symptoms (as opposed to in the very beginning, when I was told not to text, use the computer, etc.). Reading the posts on here from other folks with PCS makes me think that maybe pushing through symptoms isn't the best idea, though, so I usually don't.

I understand that working might be something that you HAVE to do. I am currently in that position, as I am out of money and can't pay my bills unless I keep working. I am only working part-time right now, but I put in a full-time day a couple weeks ago. It took me one week to recover from that 8-hour day, and that was the only day that I worked that week.

My advice is that, if you must work, try to rest as much as you can when you're not working. Eat cheese and crackers for dinner if you have to, or let the laundry sit in the dryer instead of immediately putting it away. Close your eyes a lot when you are at the computer. Set a timer so that you remember to rest for a few minutes throughout your workday.