View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto,Canada View Post
i'm not sure to be honest about the surgeon, I'm not sure who all does TOS surgeries, I know mine does at least haha.

Sorry to hear your TOS isn't under control

I'm highly considering going to see Dr. Donahue, not sure if he will be willing to see out of country patients, and hearing about his background, and reviews. Do you happen to know if you need a referral to see him? Do you know how much a consult out of pocket would cost? I do have private insurance (Sunlife) here... but i highly doubt it would cover a consult in the states. A consult from Dr. Donahue I think would be amazing, and I would know more about my TOS. Since like you said Dr's here don't know much...

Your 100% it would be nice if we (Canadian healthcare system) would be up-to-date with the medical system, that you's have. It would have been really nice to see the significance, and amount of scar tissue prior to surgery.

Thanks again,

Hi,

I didn't need a referral however, I was on insurance through my company in the States then so different situation. Seeing him from here, you probably wouldn't be covered but you can check with Sunlife. A consult out of pocket would be around $200. He does see international patients all the time.

I however, am not getting any better since I had to cancel surgery for my seroma with him due to the out of pocket costs for the hospital and OR alone. Nothing to do with his costs, the hospital just charges a ridiculous amount and my surgery is much smaller than a TOS decompression surgery. Dr. D is doing me a favor he feels so bad and is going to try to convince a surgeon here to do it sooner than the LONG wait, since this complication is completely hindering my recovery.

Anyway, good luck if you decide to go through with the block! Feel free to ask me anything else if you have questions about surgeons in the US.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote