View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 12:39 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member
Default out dated esting for B12

Thanks for your comments. I'm trying everything I'm learning. I recently came across alarming info regarding the inaccuracy of most B12 lab work in this country. Some say our tests are decades behind Japan and Germany. Most American Docs think a minimum safe level is 200 where the new data says 400 as a minimum. I thought I ruled out B12 deficiency with my last test but with this new information I face the daunting task of finding a physician who uses the new data and tests. That is going to take some work.

I never thought that in the US our medical community could be decades behind Japan and Germany in our testing methods. Makes me wonder what other medical areas are behind in?

A lot of people testing at 200 for B12 are at serious risk for a huge number of terrible outcomes. It is great coming to this website to sure up data collected from other sources. Problem is most Docs don't take kindly to their patients educating them. I need help from competent physicians not these frustrating detours. It is nice to know I'm around other more seasoned researchers here where I feel much of the real life saving happens.

Getting that new B12 test behind me is my top priority now.
birdman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote