View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gum/Cheek problem months after wisdom tooth removal

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 3 months ago in the second week of january. First off, I did have a lot of problems healing in the first 2 months with dry sockets and infection. I was put on 2 rounds of antibiotics. For about a month everything seemed alright but I recently noticed some soreness that occurs occasionally on one side of my jaw and swelling comes and goes a little bit.

After taking a look and feeling around a little bit, I noticed one side of my gum/cheek near the removal site has a spot that looks like a blister but it feels hard to the touch. It doesn't hurt at all but it does feel hard. I was wondering if anyone might have any idea, or if I should go back to my oral surgeon or just see a general dentist? The times I've been back over the course of 2 months (Jan-March), xrays were taken a few times and the oral surgeon didn't seem to think anything was out of order except the pesky infection.

Feels like I've been back a lot to see my oral surgeon in the last few months!

I put two pictures I took with my phone with flash so it's clear. It is my bottom two sites, and I believe one looks like it is healed just fine. It's that right side I'm having trouble with.
Attached Thumbnails
Gum/Cheek problem months after wisdom tooth removal-jpg   Gum/Cheek problem months after wisdom tooth removal-left-jpg  
desjones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote