View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi cclaudiu,

It sounds like it could be the collagen plug or membrane that the dentist put over the graft material to protect it. It's best to stop irrigating it. I personally am not a big fan of patients irrigating their surgical socket as the pressure applied to the syringe can wipe out the clot and the graft. Warm salt water rinses are less risky and helpful with the healing.

I suggest that you get in to see your dentist today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclaudiu View Post
Sigh, it completely came off now. At first I freaked out because it looked like fat and was gross but I realize it's probably just the sponge she put on top? How could it come off since I have (had) stitches on top of it?

There's a little bit left there hanging just like before and I'm trying not to disturb it but every time I swallow I feel it becoming more loose...

Is this bad?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote