View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi mikeymike,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
It sure is weird that 3 different places have three totally different diagnoses.
That's why they're called medical opinions.

I agree that conservative (PT, PM) is—excepting in certain specific circumstancesalways the way to go first, and surgery not even considered until all other options have been exhausted/failed.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1014835-57.html
Quote:
On Goggle, it sometimes helps to preface search criteria with the words "scholarly" or "study".
This is no longer necessary; searches of this type can now be facilitated via Goggle Scholar.

Quote:
...my muscles are always very tight and I have sit at a desk for 10 years now doing engineering work...
BT-DT, They don't let us out much, do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
If you were me what would you do?
If I were you (having been where you are), I would look into/consider myofascial trigger point therapy (MTPT).

I'd been told surgery is not an option for me due to severe osteoarthritis in my entire spine. MTPT was suggested/recommended to me by my first PM doctor, and for me, it's been a game-changer for the better. My therapist is a certified myofascial trigger point therapist (it does make a difference) who is also an MTPT instructor. She showed us how to continue treatments at home (saving us a small fortune not covered by our insurance). My neck now has nearly full range of motion—better than before, and the therapy (when done) reduces my pain levels by several points, and can alleviate/reduce cervicogenic headaches that result from the muscle tension in my neck.

Other PM modalities that have been successful (for me) to different degrees: PT/stretching exercises (I do several times/day, and they help), TENS, traction (over-the-door unit).

Injections never did squat, and usually made me sick/worse.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote