View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
are you sure it crosses the human BBB? i looked at their website briefly and only saw animal studies showing that in mice or rats.

JARROW sells a curcumin they claim has higher bioavailability, CURCURMIN PHYTOSOME.
IHERB has it.
I use Longvida as I thought they had the best research available to support their product claims. However, I have to agree with you, ST, that I never actually read any human BBB studies. They definitely reference it in their marketing, and there definitely were animal studies. In addition, most of the research cited discusses the "blood and tissue barrier" rather than the blood brain barrier. Finally, I was also never able to find any information or patent application for their "patent pending" SLCP technology. This has been pending for a long time and is starting to remind me of "going out of business" signs in NYC. Still, what they do report tends to be significantly more professional than their competitors.

I also found it interesting that the drug discussed in Ana's research link, CLR01, which mimics curcumin molecules, was developed at UCLA, the same place that Longvida was.

Last edited by Tupelo3; 04-22-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (04-22-2014), lab rat (04-22-2014), soccertese (04-22-2014)