View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

About three weeks ago I had a strange experience, which I did not report because I was afraid it might just be a fleeting happenstance. We were on a break from our dance for PD program when I decided to put in the DVD so I could do the dancing on my own (sitting in a chair). When it came to the part where I was supposed to lift my right arm, the arm went straight up, which it is not been able to do for nearly 2 years. I almost wept with delight. It has been mobile now for three weeks, with some pain when I am nervous or holding the same position for a long time, but nothing, nothing like it has been for months and months. I don't know what to ascribe this to. Maybe it just got tired of being stuck. I certainly hope it stays this way.

We are headed to New York for meetings with PDF and then on to Johns Hopkins for cognitive testing and then on to NIH for more cognitive testing. Lots of blood letting in the next week and a half and a ton of MRIs, plus one spinal tap. hopefully this will help some researchers find biomarkers for our shared disease.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (05-30-2014), pegleg (06-15-2014)