View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default To Have Surgery or Not

Did you meet with him in person? I am going through this now and I cannot deal with the 24/7 pain and am considering surgery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn1 View Post
Dear painintheazz,
The question is to have surgery or not? As you can see, not many replies after 2 years or more results from patients after having surgery: good or bad. There is limited information to find first hand experience from patients. THe other question: How much pain are you in? Can you still function doing normal routine activities? My opinion, as long as I am able to function with daily living activities without outside help than surgery right now is not the answer. Having surgery is very risky on the spine and doctors cannot guarantee results. There is always the possibility that you could be worse after surgery. If one is desperate, than go ahead and have surgery. If not, look into other ways to combat pain and to live a relatively normal life as much as possible. I live with nerve pain in the legs, feet, and muscle spasms in back daily, limited to walking 15 minutes and best in recline position when sitting but I can still enjoy life otherwise. I am on disability. Your brain is controlling the pain, program the brain differently and see what happens. Try yoga and meditation and massage. Best of luck to you.
Kathryn1
Catrina50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote